Hilton Mainz City

21 December 2013


Earl has stayed here before during a previous business trip so I knew what to expect. It's a run-of-the-mill hotel - basically clean and moderate in room size (not too big nor too tiny).

The bed was on the firm side and the pillows were rather flat (but not uncomfortable). If you're looking for fluffy pillows, then this hotel is not for you.


Internet access was an extra 15 € per day and was a bit slow. And oh, the toilet needed a little more scrubbing as it was starting to look yellow. But then again, I'm fussier than most people.

What I did like was that they gave a few pieces of chocolate and a biscuit as a welcome snack. I wish more hotels did this instead of the usual fruit platter.

Breakfast buffet, wasn't bad though not extensive, and they served mostly the same dishes throughout. So if you're staying longer than four days, you might start getting bored - I was already missing rice on the second day especially since the buffet mainly consisted of salty sausages, bacon and meatballs.


What is great about the Hilton Mainz City is its location. The tram was literally a few steps away - two stops and you're at the main train station. The shopping district, Mainz Cathedral, and the Gutenburg Museum, are all around a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

By the way, have I mentioned how warm and friendly the staff were? Thus, all things considered, I would not mind booking this hotel again on my next trip to Mainz.

No comments: