Saveur

12 December 2013

We were introduced to Saveur last month when we had dinner there with friends. It was a happy meeting as the prices were affordable and the food was good. So last week, I decided to go back for a solo lunch.

Hmmm...

Previously, we ordered the Saveur's Pasta, duck leg confit, and pork belly. This time, I got the following:


Salmon Confit
Apple & fennel with lemon vinaigrette
SGD 9.90

I had no idea that this dish would be completely raw. I mean, the duck confit was cooked, right? I checked online and there are some versions that are cooked, and some that are just cooked slightly. This one felt like eating a piece of raw fish. Definitely not my kind of dish. So I just had one bite, asked for it to be packed, and I fried it in butter and garlic the minute I got home.


Chicken Roulade
A roulade of chicken thigh stuffed with foie gras-infused chicken farce, creamy basmati rice & parmesan sauce
SGD 9.90

The chicken was average - nothing that makes you want to go "ooohhh, this is great!" And the rice just tasted like it was mixed with a soft-boiled egg.


Pistachio Panna Cotta
Pistachio-flavoured cooked cream, topped with ground and caramelised pistachio
SGD 6.90

This wasn't bad, not too sweet, but I could only eat half before I got tired of the taste.

I'll definitely go back though to try their other dishes. And if the next visit is just like this recent one, then I'll stick to what we ordered initially.

No comments: